Sunday, November 11, 2007

So you wanted to raise a boy . . . ?

This has definitely been a week of surprises for me. I feel ashamed I every second guessed or tried to find fault in my leaders--I guess I still have little growing to do and apparently I haven't been pushed quite to the edge yet. This morning Emily and I met with the Bishop and I was asked to serve as the Young Men's president. Now the kicker is that I was release from my previous calling to serve in this one==how do you like that--I bet the bishop was wondering what all my complaining was about. What a whiner!

Well, the Lord is in the details of our lives. See at the beginning of the year if I had been asked to serve with the youth I may have said no. The youth are intimidating and I didn't think I would do well. Well, at the beginning of the summer I decided I was going to start camping again and wound up camping multiple times with the young men. I believe it was the Lords hand that led me to spend those handful of nights with the young men so that I might feel more comfortable around them. Now, ask me how I feel in a couple of months. :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You will be great! Just don't get too mad at them.. remember, they are boys, young and weird.

Unknown said...

as opposed to men... old and weird.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am sure you will do a great job. You grew up with a bunch of young men that went through alot of trials, I am sure this will help you lead in your new calling. Remember how crazy you guys were and dont be too hard on them :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm happy for you Carlos. I know you'll be great with the youth. You like me and Catie Lynn, don't you? -MC Wiser

nAnnie Laurie said...

congratulations!! You'll be great!

Suzie Soda said...

And to think I was once your seminary teacher.....makes me feel old but proud. I always thought you were a leader and a blast...2 good things for a YM president.Good Luck. Sister R.