Thursday, December 06, 2007

Welcome Laurie Adeline!!

Well, it took a little longer than we thought, but Laurie Adeline Chacon was born at 9:14PM is looking good!! She was 6lbs 14oz and was 20 3/4" long. Emily started pushing about 5 after 9 and was extremely tired. She has dark hair like Miriam and is nice rosey pink color.

We had a bit of a scare afterwards; however, as I write this both Emily and the baby are fine. I will save you the gory details--you ladies can chat all about it later; however, the scary part came when the doctor said "we might need to take out your uterus". This was about 80 minutes after the birth. Both Emily and I got a little scared at that point, and I gave her a blessing, but for about 2 hours there they really had us going. We are not totally out of the clear yet, but things are looking up.

We are glad to welcome another child into the work and thank all those who helped take care of our kids in the process.

2 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

Okay, I can't see very well to type this - the tears keep getting in the way. :) I am so honored by the name, and am so thankful that Emily is going to be alright. I love you all.

nAnnie Laurie said...

Oh yeah :) pictures when available will be looked at loveingly -- see you in a few days.