Friday, April 20, 2007

Partial Birth Abortions

The supreme court upheld a ban on partial birth abortions this week. While I think this a positive move, I believe that too much time and money is spent on political wrangling and not enough on those that need help making this decision. If both sides would stop fighting and look at how to help the unwed teen, the molested daughter, and the mother of 3 who doesn't want to be a mother again real solutions would come and lives would be blessed.

While abortion would not come up in a conversation I had with my daughter, I believe that if abortions are performed they should be safe and as much information as possible should be given so a woman can make the best choice for her and the baby she is carrying.

I believe that abortion policy should change; however, I also believe that change will happen one person at a time--and we can all be part of that process by learning and understand more about adoption--one of the most selfless things you can do.

No comments: