Monday, October 08, 2007

Find Your Candidate

Ok, so there is a web site that will help you find the presidential candidate that closest matches your interests.

I took the poll a couple of weeks ago as independently as possible without trying to pick the answers my candidate--Mitt Romney(I am starting to waiver)--would have. Interestingly I was told Mike Huckabee would be my choice; however, Mitt had the same percentage and Huck.

I also found it strange that Joe Biden was a closer match than than Giuliani, McCain, and Ron Paul. I took it a second time tonight and got 1)John Cox--who I have never heard of, 2)Huckabee, then 3)Romney this time with different percentages. I think they update the questions every so often.

Have a go--just remember to vote for real next year. :) I would be interested to see what you came up with--just put your answers in the comment section.

*Update* Just remember this calculator is suppose to help you decide what issues are important to you. It is not a 'magic bullet'. Oh, if Mike Gravel is you candidate I would dig a little deeper--he is probably a nice guy, just a little weird.

7 comments:

Heather said...

This was really interesting.....My top candidate is Mike Gravel. Never heard of him. Maybe I'll look him up. The second one was also someone I've never heard of and the third was Barack Obama. Yep, I'm a Democrat! I haven't decided which Democrat will get my vote yet.

Olivia Heilmann said...

That was interesting. I have to say that I was undecided on a lot of issues. I read each subject that I didn't know about, but I admit to not really fully understanding them after reading up on it anyway. My top candidate is Joseph Biden (70.59%), then Hilary Clinton (shocker!), Christopher Dodd, and John Edwards. Followed by: Rudy Giuliani, Barack Obama, Mike Gravel, Dennis Kucinich, then Mitt Romney with 64.71%. Hmm... I haven't heard of most of them. I need to start doing some research.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have got people thinking!! That's what you want, right?...and for them to vote!

Unknown said...

What? we have a democrat in the family? Things you learn...

I got John Cox.... then Huckabee, then Mitt.

nAnnie Laurie said...

hmm...seems like I'm a pretty "middle of the road" voter ?! I thought I was 'dyed in the wool'(R). I took the "test" 2 times, somtimes changing the "importance" and Huckabee, Romney and Edwards all fit in the top 5 each time. Do it again, and try to say yes or no, NOT unsure, because 'unsure' doesn't figure in the calculations. VERY INTERESTING ! research, research, research.

nAnnie Laurie said...

Bryan came up Mitt with approx 67%

Reluctant Nomad said...

huckabee. And then a smattering of Rs and Ds. No Mitt though. I guess the program knows its stuff.