Thursday, May 24, 2007

New Foods in Costa Rica

I can't say I was overly impressed with the availability of 'new foods' in Costa Rica; however, part of this may be that I grew up in a Spanish home and was used to many of the foods we ate. There were several new fruits we tried--Maracuya, GUANABANA, PAPAYA, TAMARINDO, and another small fruit with a white flesh and large seed in the middle--Mom, can you help me out? Anyway, here is the Maracuya. Pictures of other fruit can be found here. We have a good video of mom exposing us the fruit and because you can see the fruit better in hers I am showing you hers instead of mine. It tasted sweet like a fruit; however, it had a crunchy seed like a sunflower seed but it wasn't salty. But, because it looked like fish eggs and as slimy like an over ripe mango or cantalope I couldn't keep it in my mouth for long.



I don't remember if Emily tried it.

2 comments:

Emily Marie said...

I DID NOT try it. Just looking at it made me want to puke! Remember people early pregnancy. However, I wouldn't have tried it anyway, it is a visual thing! EWWW

Emily Marie said...

LOL I am sorry I had to leave another comment! It makes me laugh cause I didn't know what they were doing and I turned around to see Cindy eating this slimy green snot! It was so funny! I couldn't watch it!