Friday, February 15, 2008

Tax return is in the mail . . .

or going through e-file, really. TurboTax has really improved this year and I thought it was easier than ever; however, we did have a fairly basic return.

One wierd thing that happened this year and last is there is a section under the income section where I put some contracting work I did several years ago and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. It doesn't show up in any of the income options; however, when I go through the 'error check' it always comes up and I have to put in a value. It is happy with zero; but that that is my only complaint.

Anyway, taxes are always a pain, but it is nice to get some of your money back in the process. Let's hope we never owe any. :) I still remember the first year my Dad owed--he was not happy. In fact, I think he has been grumpy ever since. (Love you Dad)

2 comments:

nAnnie Laurie said...

wow! good for you! we still don't have all our stuff - and because we live in Singapore, we aren't required to finish filing until 15th June (well we have to put in for the USA extention, but that is expected) yahoo!! done for another year =)

momchacon said...

Well, I for one, am glad to find out what has made your father grumpy! For years this has been a 'taxing' question. I thought it was me so this is a great 'relief'!!
Congrates on the filing!