Monday, February 11, 2008

Virginia's Political Weekend

Well, the candidates hit Virginia this weekend, and the democrats spent a little more time in Richmond than did the republicans. It was my intention to go see President Clinton but somehow I got the day wrong, so I got nothing. HRC and Barak were here Saturday evening, but 1) you had to pay to see them--it was the democrat's yearly fund raiser, 2) I had to go to chaperon the youth dance that evening and 3) I wasn't invited.

Huckabee came by this morning at 8AM, but I didn't find out till noon. McCain swung by the airport which is about 3 minutes from our house so I went to see and be seen. There were several former governors and other Virginia legislators. Jerry Kilgore spoke--lame, no wonder he didn't win the governor's seat--George Allen spoke--boring--Senator John Warner spoke and chastised George for speaking too long only to tell a story about Reagan, two stories about McCain, and go on about how long they had served together. McCain thanked everyone for coming and I had to split as it was family night and I promised my family I would meet them for dinner.

I was caught of guard and I missed the onslaught weekend of future presidents. As much time as I have committed to following from afar, I am embarrassed at how much time I spent while the candidates were in my backyard.

Heather--I read the link you sent and have some thoughts, but haven't organized them enough yet. Now you know why I have so few posts.

No comments: