Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Singapore Update

I did not do as much blogging as I thought I would do today; however, I did finish up some old ones, so be sure to scroll down.

I, Miriam, and Elaine tried fried baby squid today. Unlike Calamari, these were not breaded and had a sweet and sour sauce on them. Miriam liked them, Elaine did not, Bryan loves them, and while I thought they were enjoyable I did not feel the need to eat every last one of them--but that is why Bryan is there. :)

We also had Durian, an Asian fruit with an extremely strong smell. So strong in fact they do not allow you to take it inside buildings. You have to eat it outside. Elaine did not even try it, Miriam took her no thank you bite and said no thanks. I actually started to enjoy it the more I had it; however, it won't be replacing ice cream or brownies as my dessert of choice any time soon. I will have to get the pictures we took. Emily still needs to try it. Another interesting fruit was the Mangotines. They have a thick skin with a white fruit. They are wonderful and everyone liked them--even Elaine.

Yesterday we went to Malacca Malaysia. It was a 4 hour bus ride and we went there and back in one day. History buffs would really love it as they have remains from the Portuguese (1700s), the Dutch (1800s), the English and Japanese (1900s). It was nice to see, but definitely stay the night if you are going to go all that way.

Time is going so fast. Only one more week and we are going back home!!

oh, I allow comments for a reason!! I would like to hear from some of you!! (Congrats on your bathroom Ana--looks good.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate it when no one comments on my blog. I like to know that I'm filling the down time of someone's life. I am truly mesmerized by all that you have been doing. I'm so glad that you are taking the time to write it all down, because somethings you think you will always remember, you soon forget. I kept a journal when I lived in Costa Rica that summer so long ago, and I enjoy going back and reading how nutty I was as an 11 year old. Anywho, keep blogging, and keep giving me something new to look at each day. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and when are we going to see some pictures of Malacca Malaysia?? Did you need me to find you a good deal on a new camera??